Friday, 13 March 2009

Week 8-Article 2

The article again like many of the others focuses on students, and seems to forget that there are other young users who are not students of the same age and others of different ages. At least it uses a different country as its study! The article states that studies showed that students thought search engines were more reliable sources of information than libraries. I would agree that is usually one of the first ports of call with any research students do, but for many that I know, the library proves to be more of a reliable source of published information.

2 comments:

  1. i found this with many of my articles. It talked alot about 'students' being these digital natives.... facebook is certainly not a site for students, half my family are on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first came to university I surprisingly did not have Facebook, therefore my initial thoughts of the site were that it was primarily for students. However, the more I have used it and networked the more I have found it is not just students that use it.

    I think these academics forget that there are other young people who are digital natives they can study!I know we are an interesting community to look at but it would be interesting to view articles that were not so similar to each other.

    ReplyDelete