Friday, 20 March 2009
Week 9: Education 'stretching' a person
I consider ‘stretch’ to be challenging or to push someone. To ‘stretch’ someone’s mental abilities allows for new skills to be made and strengths to be heightened. Education needs to be challenging in order for the student to learn. It will never work unless the student has to work towards a goal that cannot be reached before they enter into the education. It broadens the mind and in turn creates new opportunities.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I definately agree with what you have said here Becky. What do you think of the notion of E-learning? Could this be a new way for a person's education to be strecthed? Especially if this new type of online learning is going to enhance and improve people's learning/education and provide them will skills which can be used in future work and life. Just something to think about xx
ReplyDeleteSorry I kind of answered my own question then with my own opinion, but i'd like to see if your thoughts are similar or different to mine :) x
ReplyDeleteyes! I think e-learning will definitely stretch the mind, and a new way of stretching education. Like you said it will give people skills to use in the future, as I am sure with the advancements in technology e-learning will become a more mainstream part of learning. It is interesting you mention that it might enhance or improve learning. Do you think this will be the case, or just a different way of educating which is just as beneficial as traditional methods?
ReplyDeleteMany think e-learning is inferior. What way do you think it might be superior?
ReplyDeleteI'm more a fan of what I call ee-learning (electronically enhanced learning) which is close to 'blended learning' which uses various media in support of and additon to traditional 'chalk-n-talk' learning. But I'm very suspicious of delivery methods intended to make learning more palatable to students. Ease of learning and value of learning are never in simple relationships. Some things are all the better for being hard and others' easiness is very valuable.